Seeking a proactive Area Sales Manager with a proven track record in selling chemicals or similar products to distributors and manufacturers, to join a highly successful premium brand speciality chemicals distributor. This is a home-based opportunity covering Southern England requiring a technical, value added sales approach so knowledge of the market place is essential.
Reporting to the Business Director your primary focus will be managing and further developing existing accounts in your region, so a focus on Account Management is key, whilst identifying new business opportunities within the focus sectors. Typically you will be a self-motivated, Sales and Account Management professional, with some technical knowledge of chemical related products and a demonstrable passion for sales, account management, and relationship building.
This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who enjoys autonomy and can demonstrate first class sales and business development techniques to play a key role in a highly reputable organization which consistently experiences year on year growth.
- Manage existing accounts whilst maximizing cross selling opportunities.
- Identify and develop opportunities for new business with both existing and potential customers and markets using value selling principles and a consultative approach.
- You will understand the premium brand value and technical advantages to maximise sales
- Continued market observation and evaluation to stay current on industry needs, requirements, and trends.
- Develop a good understanding of the chemical market and opportunities for your value proposition.
- Actively promote and maximize brand awareness.
- Undertake regular account reviews of existing customers and employ pro-active methods to increase volume and in the case of falling sales, identify the cause and solutions.
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Experience in B2B Technical/Solution Sales, Account Management, or Business Development
- Strong demonstrable value added and solutions sales skills.
- An understanding of some chemical related products
- Sales experience in the lubricant or speciality chemicals sector
- A motivated and driven personality, a pro active self starter, with the appreciation of working with a premium brand
- A solutions finder with entrepreneurial flair who is willing to take the initiative.
- Excellent relationship builder.
- Confident communicator and presenter at all levels who interacts well with colleagues and customers.
- Highly effective time management, administrative and organisational skills to work autonomously are essential.
- Enthusiastic and embraces opportunities with positive “can-do” attitude
- A flexible approach to work and business travel.
- Computer literacy is essential and a competent user of all Microsoft programmes.
Competitive base salary, good bonus potential, pension, healthcare, company car, laptop, phone, good career progression, and company longevity. Stable working week Monday to Friday 9-5
For full details contact Emma Bloomfield 0044 (0)1565 626754 or apply directly with a copy of your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Eleven Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1998. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Eleven Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK.