This Associate Vice President-Marketing role is a great opportunity to provide key assistance to the marketing efforts of the emissions, gas and power team of our client. Marketing of emissions, gas and power to end users/producers of energy/professional traders is a key focus. You will manage the on-boarding process for clients proposed to the company by introducing brokers in support of ED, Head of Emissions. There will be a requirement to undertake business travel as and when required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To ensure compliance with any regulatory requirements needed to perform main duties and responsibilities.
- Support executive director, head of emissions, to expand the portfolio of emissions clients and develop the gas and power client portfolio.
- Contribute to and take ownership of publishing the weekly emissions report.
- When required support a team of marketers in providing marketing services to their customer base in energy and emission derivatives.
- To accurately and timely recap all client trades entered into on behalf of the company and input into the Deal Capture Systems (OMS/Openlink)
- Provision of cover to MCRM global marketing teams desks to ensure the continuity of marketing services - for example, after Singapore closes office, until NYMEX closes (currently 7:30pm London time) etc.
- Prospecting for and converting through own cold leads new clients in areas highlighted for growth
- Generate revenue from own, personally onboarded accounts, contributing to team/individual revenue target.
- Accompanying the executive director, head of emissions and other senior marketers to sales meetings and conferences.
- Liaising with the credit and legal departments on the set up of existing/new clients
- Analysing credit risk exposure with clients
- Preparing pitch books and analysis of trade ideas to clients
- Establishing strong working relationships with middle/back office, and compliance departments.
- Taking appropriate initiative in dealing with clients' market enquiries.
- Trading within the company policies and procedures ensuring the compliance within the risk policies and related ethical standards such as the code of conduct.
- To actively keep informed and share information with the business on the energy markets and the operating environment
- To provide information as required for management on request.
- To ensure compliance with the regulatory requirements needed to perform main duties.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Understanding of commodity derivatives and especially emissions is desirable.
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Strong written and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Having (or willing to take the exams to obtain) FCA controlled function - CF30 Customer.
- Working Experience
- Previous trading/banking experience desirable
- Graduate with relevant degree in mathematics, physics, economics or engineering related subjects.