We are looking for an experienced Biofuels Operator to join a fully integrated oil company based in London.
The successful candidate will manage the logistics of a deal to the company’s best commercial advantage, ensuring that all contractual and group assurance obligations are met. You will be skilled at working independently in handling varied and complex operational issues.
Trading Operators also have a key role to play in ensuring that the front to back process runs smoothly and that valuable data and information is collected, entered and forwarded in a timely manner.
- Co-ordinating operations from trade inception to completion relating to products.
- Requires frequent afterhours and weekend work to complete operational tasks.
- Work closely with traders, refinery scheduling, and planning teams.
- Work independently in handling varied and complex operational issues.
- Obtain clean acceptance of vessels in a timely manner.
- Issue voyage orders to shipping/counter-parties and monitor progress of vessel, informing trading of any slippage or speed-ups in a timely manner.
- Appoint approved inspectors as required.
- Ensure cargo loading and discharging adhere to any credit or L/C requirements.
- Check all calculations relating to the trade (freight, demurrage, product, inspectors, cargo superintendents, gains/losses, insurance and additives).
- Minimize profit leakage
- Make or assist in claims where necessary.
- Establishing and maintaining good and professional working relationships with internal and external counterparties.
- Maintain accurate records of each cargo including prompt and accurate filing.
- Maintain excellent HSE standards.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all operational processes.
For more information, please contact Peter Morgan