We are currently looking for an experienced Biofuels Operator for our client, a fully integrated oil company based in London.
Oil Operators manage the logistics of a deal to the company’s best commercial advantage, ensuring that all contractual and group assurance obligations are met. Trading Operators also have a key role to play in ensuring that the front to back process runs smoothly and that valuable data and information is collected, entered and forwarded in a timely manner.
- Co-ordinating operations from trade inception to completion relating to products.
- Requires frequent afterhours and weekend work to complete operational tasks.
- Work closely with traders, refinery scheduling, and planning teams
- Work independently in handling varied and complex operational issues.
- Obtain clean acceptance of vessels in a timely manner.
- Issue voyage orders to shipping/counter-parties and monitor progress of vessel, informing trading of any slippage or speed-ups in a timely manner.
- Appoint approved inspectors as required.
- Ensure cargo loading and discharging adhere to any credit or L/C requirements.
- Check all calculations relating to the trade (freight, demurrage, product, inspectors, cargo superintendents, gains/losses, insurance and additives).
- Minimize profit leakage
- Make or assist in claims where necessary.
- Establishing and maintaining good and professional working relationships with internal and external counterparties.
- Maintain accurate records of each cargo including prompt and accurate filing.
- Maintain excellent HSE standards.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all operational processes.
For more information, please contact Peter Morgan