We are looking for an experienced Biofuels Originator to join an international oil and gas company based in Singapore.
You will be both analytical and strategic, with an ability to build and nurture effective relationships internally and externally.
Your role will primarily be focused on the origination of feedstocks and developing supply chains in the APAC region.
- The job holder will primarily be focused on the scouting and sourcing and trading of feed stocks, in particular advanced feed stocks in Asia
- Will support the development of both a short and long term Asian feedstock strategies and the development of a structured pipeline of bio feedstock sourcing within the overall Biofuel strategy
- Develop and maintain long term relationships with feedstock suppliers in the Asia region
- Form a close working relationship with London Biofuel and supply team in order to identify current and future feedstock requirements and establish a clear and cooperative two-way communication flow
- Develop strong feedstock optimization opportunities between different feed stocks
- Develop the feedstock supply chain and pre-treatment options in order to enable the physical delivery
This position hierarchically reports to the Head of Biofuels Trading and functionally to the Branch Manager in Singapore and has the following interfaces:
- Internal – front office, shipping, legal, back office and middle office units on a daily basis;
- External – counterparties, terminals, etc.
Skills and Experience
- A strong background 10+ years either in biofuels / specialty commodities or have a demonstrated strong track record in managing complex projects that requires the ability to manage multiple stakeholders both internal and external
- Understanding of product quality constraints within production assets and pre-treatment options for waste and veg oil feed stocks and experience in freight economics, storage logistics, and feedstock supply chains is key
- Extensive knowledge of the global regulatory environment for feed stocks and biofuels is important
- Strong academic credentials with a numeracy-oriented specialization
- Solid knowledge of the subject and relevant experience in trading environment are compulsory
- Analytical mind, strategic thinking and practical problem solving
- Awareness of Credit Recovery, Procedures, Compliance Policy
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build and nurture effective relationships internally and externally
- Strong team player, who is able to work with limited supervision and lead the activities
- Experience in working in a global and international organization
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in rapidly changing environment, be self-disciplined and stress resilient
- Full command of English language (written and spoken). Knowledge of other languages will be beneficial
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- Fluency in Mandarin would be a plus