This well known integrated oil company with a global presence is looking to hire a Business Developer in their London office.
The role, under the supervision of the Head of Business Development, will be responsible for contributing to the development and execution of the Oil Trading strategy of the trading business.
MAIN JOB FUNCTION
- Seek out opportunities to deliver the trading strategy.
- In close co-ordination with other parts of the company, develop and deliver integrated opportunities that add value to affiliates other than the trading business.
- Work closely with the Trading teams to negotiate and execute transactions that create material and sustainable value for the trading books
The job holder is responsible for and takes part in:
- Delivering profitable transactions in line with the company strategy;
- Ensuring that the trading teams are committed to the deals being pursued;
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with external clients and customers;
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with internal stakeholders
- Maintaining a deep understanding of the crude and products markets;
- Assisting in the development of strategies for the trading books;
- Developing deal structures to deliver the greatest value from opportunities;
- Provide analytical assessments to support the approval process for transactions;
- Coaching junior members of the team
- negotiate and conclude transactions within an agreed strategy to generate value;
- ensure that all transactions are supported and approved by the relevant trading bench;
- ensure that all transactions are approved through the agreed deal approval process;
- provide insight and support to the development of the long-term strategy;
- maintain regular communication with key personnel in Upstream, Refining & Marketing to identify and deliver new integrated projects;
- maintain regular communication with key clients and customers;
- develop new relationships with external parties (producers, refiners, marketers, storage companies, banks and financial institutions) to deliver transactions in accordance with agreed strategy;
- develop and present analysis to management on future business development opportunities;
- track and communicate to colleagues developments in the market and relevant market intelligence, including supply and demand balances and competitor activities;
- support the other members of the business development team in developing long-term asset and contractual positions in line with the long-term strategy;
- guide and mentor the junior members of the team;
- ensure all activities are carried out in compliance with all
- relevant policies and regulations;
- preferred qualification is a Degree (with preference for numerate subject such as Engineering, Mathematics or Economics);
- more than 3 years of experience in trading or business development in a trading environment;
- proven track record of delivery;
- knowledge of the use of derivatives in structured transactions
- experience with financing in a trading business;
- knowledge of market fundamentals;
- experience of refining and upstream operations and processes considered as beneficial;
- strong team player
- courageous, confident, resilient, dynamic and disciplined;
- experience in working in a global and international organization;
- strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to build and nurture effective relationships internally and externally;
- full command of English language (written & spoken); knowledge of any other language would be beneficial.