We are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager for the world's leading independent distributor and provider of supply chain management services to the global aerospace industry. This role is ideal for someone with a background in industrial lubricants who can evaluate and develop qualified sales leads into strong and favorable customer relationships. An ability to create and communicate complete turn-key solutions based on value, capability demonstrations, customer market intelligence and product training is also essential.
Our client has a portfolio of 7,000+ customers and a global workforce operating across more than 50 locations in 17 countries.
Their Chemical Management Services (CMS) look beyond the purchasing of the product to help customers find cost savings and efficiencies in the complete life cycle of managing their chemicals. From procurement to warehousing, quality management and regulatory compliance, distribution, point-of-use delivery, waste control, and enterprise data integration, our client helps its customers target a wide range of areas in their supply chain to make tailored process improvements that increase profitability.
- Visit existing and prospective customers across your region to solicit opportunities in line with company’s integrated supply solutions offering.
- Continue to develop and maintain existing and new customer relationships, with focus on the industrial market.
- Provide input and maintain the CRM database, whilst scoping potential opportunities - Following Global Sales Process to manage sales opportunities.
- Attend Trades Shows, and Customer/Vendor Seminars.
- Assist in developing the vendor base, and scoping potential vendor capabilities, whilst identifying potential new vendors.
- Support the training and development of employees regarding the sales process with emphasis on chemical management services capabilities where required.
- Manage individual sales quota performance and Sales Pipeline.
- Own and manage individual sales projects, utilising identified local processes from initiation to contract signature.
Background Experience and Qualifications
You must have…
- A minimum of 5 years working in industrial lubricants (metalworking fluids) and solid manufacturing industry experience
- Good understanding of aerospace, automotive, general transportation and pharmaceutical sectors
- Knowledge of how metalworking fluids are manufactured, the processes involved, the scope/range of the product, along with the applications for said product is also important, (emphasis on chemicals is essential, but an understanding of fasteners, hardware, electrical, fluid system, bearings, customer designed products and tooling is desired).
- Knowledge of Chemical Management Services systems and operational models (applicable for the Chemical aspect of the business).
- Business acumen, along with Commercial awareness and excellent communication skills
- Proven sales experience which demonstrates pro-activity, attention to detail, excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks well.
- A strong team player with a history of personal self-development.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task.
It would be great if you….
- Are educated to degree level, or equivalent, within Engineering/Business studies or from a recognised industrial based apprenticeship scheme.
- Have direct experience in a chemical management services contract and service provision
- Have experience of Key Account Management / Sales in the wider European market