Are you an experienced buyer with experience in managing supplier relationships and looking for your next challenging and rewarding role?
You must have worked for a manufacturing business and be someone who has import experience and has dealt with international suppliers.
This role is with a large global manufacturing company based in the North West and you would be part of a dynamic and busy finance and business support team.
As the buyer and supplier coordinator you will have a diverse and interesting job which requires you to efficiently manage all aspects of purchasing and supplier management. You will have the opportunity to make a valuable contribution to the business by improving the procurement process and reducing costs.
About the role:
Responsibilities of the buyer / supplier co-ordinator will include:
• Sourcing and managing suppliers for all raw materials, packaging, consumables and services – including negotiating cost and SLAs
• Managing and maintain the approved supplier list (database) and ensuring contingency in place for all supplier channels
• Agreeing and monitoring product and service standards with suppliers including relevant compliance and regulations
• Overseeing and co-ordinating the stock supplies both on and off site
• Producing reports around supplier performance, stock, costs and forecasting
• Taking responsibility for any customer complaints involving suppliers
• Contributing to supplier audits as needed
• Liaising with colleagues and suppliers in areas of compliance and ensuring regulatory standards are met - Dealing with any supplier related compliance issues / non-conformance
The ideal person for the role will have:
• Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills
• Proven ability in managing supplier relationships
• Strong decision making and problem solving skills
• Good attention to detail and overall business acumen
• Excellent time management and be able to prioritise effectively
• A good understanding of supply chain for a manufacturing business (including import / export)
• Several years’ experience working within a procurement team for a manufacturing business
• Relevant procurement qualifications such as CIPS, CPSM or degree in business
This role offers a competitive basic salary of around £30K plus benefits. This is an office based position within the companies head office.
If this sounds like the next role for you, get in touch with Lucinda Eyre on Tel. 07854 576318 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org