We are looking for an experienced European Corporates Salesperson to join an investment firm focussed on cross commodity trading across physical and financial emissions, oil, power, gas, petchem and weather derivatives.
The business has significant carbon experience commercialising credits, fund management, trading, development and origination.
The commodities team work with corporate clients and public sector to originate and structure derivative solutions in flow trading and structured solutions.
- Responsible for generating revenue across the “corporates” products suite.
- To pro-actively drive derivative product distribution across borders into these corporate clients.
- To manage deal flow from existing customers and collaborate with trading desks.
- To explore new products and consultative solutions with oil specialisations.
- Grow an existing client base, originate new customers, meet with clients on a regular basis to maintain strong relationships and project managing each transaction.
- Mid to Senior level cross-commodity salesperson with experience of working with European corporate clients.
- A good understanding of commodities, ideally some of oil, carbon, power/gas, plastics, paper / pulp or agricultural products.
- A thorough knowledge of OTC products and derivatives.
- A highly entrepreneurial attitude, takes initiatives to develop new products / clients, full of energy, and takes a solution-based approach with clients to customise derivatives / hedges for clients.
- An existing client base would be beneficial.
- Good language skills (German, French, Spanish/Italian or Eastern Europeean languages).
- A good understanding of client documentation, credit /counterparty risk and client on-boarding
- Good Excel and PowerPoint knowledge.