A global merchant commodities firm is looking for a Contracts Team Lead.
Summary of Position:
This position is responsible for leading a team tasked with generating and reviewing contracts for all physical and derivative deals. Daily functions include, but are not limited to, generating and transmitting contracts, processing broker and counterparty confirmations, updating a status report for all unconfirmed trades.
Candidate must demonstrate the ability to lead a small team and manage all responsibilities within the process structure. The Candidate must possess good communication and leadership skills, with the ability to operate autonomously while also having the understanding of when to escalate any issues. Candidate should have the ability to look beyond specific tasks and ask questions relevant to their job function and demonstrate the use of sound judgment and decision making.
- Build and manage a small team of analysts whose primary responsibility is to generate, prepare, and review commodity contracts related to UK power & gas, Brent BFOE’s, dry freight, Concentrates, LME metals, gasoil, gasoline and blendstocks.
- Reconcile trade details in our various system with broker confirms and Counterparty contracts
- Obtain approval and affirmation of all contracts.
- Communicate with Schedulers (where applicable), Traders, Legal, Credit, and Tax departments to verify contract details.
- Review proposals for changes in contract terms.
- Analyze contract terms for any language that will place company and shareholders at risk.
- Keep all templates updated and create new templates as additional business units are onboarded
- Ensure terms of all contracts adhere to our corporate risk policy and business standard
- Liaise daily with the U.S. Office and escalate any issue to management that contradicts the Risk Policy.
- Generate and Confirm Contract Status Reports Daily to be reviewed by management.
- Special projects upon request by management.
- B.A. degree or equivalent, preferably in a business, finance, or energy related field with at least 3 years of Management experience
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Extensive commodities/energy experience
- Sound decision making skills
- Experience in Tempest, Allegro, CXL, and/or Epsilon a plus