We are looking for a Credit Risk Analyst to join a leading trading house in central London.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for a portfolio of counterparties in the marine and shipping sector.
• Ensure compliance with the internal credit policy & procedures
• Assess and advise on counterparty risk and mitigations.
• Recommend internal limits, security instruments, payment and credit terms.
• Monitor credit and performance risk, report non-performing counterparties and adverse credit events.
• Engage with Front, Middle and Back offices functions, legal counsels and key stake holders on a regular basis to resolve credit related issues.
• Assist with the negotiation and execution of parent company guarantees, netting agreements, bunker fuel and freight agreements.
• perform ad hoc research and analysis.
• Educated with a degree in finance and shipping with solid financial analysis skillset.
• 2+ years’ experience analysing shipping companies.
• Working knowledge of typical security instruments (guarantees, LCs, credit insurances).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong analytical, problem solving and organisational skills.
• Ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently.
• Self-motivated and ability to learn quickly and take initiative to broaden own knowledge.
• Additional languages advantageous.