This well known Oil Company in London is looking to hire a Crude Oil Operator. The role is within the Trading Operations department and fully integrated into the Crude Oil Trading team.
- In close co-ordination with the relevant oil trading team, manage the oil operations related to the execution of commodity contracts through the deal life-cycle. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: (i) set-up of documentary instructions; (ii) dealing with Inspection Companies for related cargo quality/quantity controls; (iii) managing demurrage claims; (iv) certifying subject delivered performances and (if any) the consequent costs;
- Be the first point of contact for all internal communication and co-operation regarding the operated cargoes such as shipping, credit, etc.;
- Keep the company's position keeping system timely and accurately up-to-date with all latest data regarding cargoes including b/l dates, actual volumes etc.;
- Maintain a good relationship with internal clients and counterparties;
- Deal with an "ad hoc" requests related to operations activities generated by Trading Team.
- Manage day-to-day trading operations for the relevant commodities aiming at maximising value, reducing costs and increasing efficiency;
- Manage voyage orders; pro-forma invoice; documentary instructions; vessel nominations; request of opening the Letter of Credit; Provisional and Final cargo insurance; Narrowing/Nomination of dates/quantities; Vessel clearance, etc.;
- Manage claims of ancillary costs such as freight differential; deviation cost; dead-freight and monitor progress of their resolutions;
- Build and maintain good working relationships and daily communication with the operations team of relevant counterparties;
- Be the focal point for all communication with terminals regarding nominations of loading programs etc.;
- Manage relationships and communication with terminals and company departments to ensure efficiency of operations activities.
Experience / Skills Required
- Strong academic credentials with a numeracy-oriented specialization;
- Self-disciplined and stress-resistant;
- Good knowledge of the subject and relevant experience in trading environment are advantageous;
- Good knowledge of cargo documentation, b/l, inspection, LC, voyage orders and customs;
- Good knowledge of Trading & Shipping Operations activities including Cargoes, Time Charters, Voyage Charters, Ships, Quality & Quantity controls;
- Strong team working skills, positive attitude and high self-esteem innovative, pro-active and efficient approach to work;
- Dedication and result oriented approach to work;
good attention to detail, organised, structured and logical;
awareness of Credit Recovery, Procedures, Compliance Policy;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build and nurture effective relationships internally and externally;
- Experience in working in a global and international organization;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite.