We have an opportunity with an international oil trading business who are looking for an experienced Oil Operator. You will work closely with traders, analysts and other operators within the product team based in London.
You will be responsible for supporting the trading team in all trading activities including logistic and administrative support as required.
- Manage the oil operations related to the execution of the commodity contract(s) deal life-cycle
- Manage day-to-day trading operations activities for the pertaining commodities aiming at assuring the Operational performance efficiency
- Manage voyage orders; pro-forma invoice; documentary instructions; vessel nominations; Letter of Credit; Provisional and Final cargo insurance; Narrowing/Nomination of dates/quantities; Vessel clearance, etc.
- Manage claims of ancillary costs such as freight differential; deviation cost; dead-freight and monitor progress of their resolutions
- Build and maintain good working relationships and daily communication with the operations team of relevant counterparties
- Be the main contact for all communication with terminals regarding nominations of loading programs etc
Skills and Experience
- Strong academic credentials with a numeracy-oriented specialization;
- Self-disciplined and stress-resistant
- Solid knowledge of the subject and relevant experience in trading environment are essential
- Strong knowledge of cargo documentation, b/l, inspection, LC, voyage orders and customs
- Strong knowledge of Trading & Shipping Operations activities including Cargoes, Time Charters, Voyage Charters, Ships, Quality & Quantity controls
- Strong team working skills, positive attitude and high self-esteem, innovative, pro-active and efficient approach to work
- Dedication and result oriented approach to work
- Good attention to detail, organised, structured and logical
- Awareness of Credit Recovery, Procedures, Compliance Policy
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build and nurture effective relationships internally and externally
- Experience in working in a global and international organization
- Full command of English language (written and spoken)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite
Contract and Remuneration
Competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience and skill sets.