Would you like to continue your Trading Operations career with an international energy trading house?
This Trading Operations Analyst role is ideal if you have an understanding of natural gas physical trading activities and financial transactions, combined with 2-3 years back or middle office experience.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are analytical and highly organised this is a great opportunity.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Provides daily monitoring of deal booking and of confirmation processing to ensure transactions are properly recorded.
- Assist in the reporting for European regulatory purpose of financial and physical trades (i.e. Emir, Remit, etc.).
- Help in monitoring deals and amendments to ensure trades are booked properly and confirmed as necessary.
- Daily reviewing of settlement prices, brokers’ and clearers’ statements (i.e. futures) in order to check that they match with the deal capture system.
- Maintaining counterparty/agreement information within ETRM system.
- Maintaining/updating static data (e.g. locations) within ETRM system.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS):
Education and Certifications:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in a relevant field like accounting or business administration.
- Two to three years of experience in the back or middle office of a commodity company or related experience with basic understanding of natural gas physical trading activities, and financial transactions (futures/swaps). Experience in confirmation and settlement processes is highly desirable.
- Basic knowledge of European regulation (EMIR/REMIT) about financial/physical deals is desirable as well.
- Endur (OpenLink) ETRM System experience is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of the natural gas physical and financial contracts (EFECTs and ISDAs)
- Familiarity with financial confirmations and brokers’ statements.
- Proficient in the use of systems and software such as Windows, MS Office Suite and ETRM systems
- Understands the importance of segregation of duty and controls to ensure the safe operation of trading floors.
- Possesses good written and verbal communications skills as well as interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively interface with both internal clients of different professional backgrounds as well as external Counterparties.
- Must be analytical and organized. Must be flexible, able to work in a fast-paced environment with continually changing priorities and be a good team player.
- Can deal well with the normal stressful environment of a trading office.