Are you a chemist with previous laboratory experience in the oil or lubricants sector? Are you ready for your next career challenge?
An award winning specialist blender of advanced lubricant solutions is looking for a Development Chemist. You will be supporting a business critical department in contributing towards project delivery and technical solutions. The strong brand name and reputation of the company offers the basis for an exciting and challenging role with opportunities for professional development.
The successful applicant will have a proven track record running development projects, recording data and evaluating results. The ultimate focus of this company is to be seen as a specialist and technology partner of choice within the lubricants sector.
- Run assigned development projects, accurately record, report and discuss results with a view to agreeing additional work to bring projects to a satisfactory conclusion
- Contribute suggestions and ideas to achieve development goals
- Assist and deputise in all aspects of technical sample handling, including quality assurance of incoming raw materials, blended product samples and customer service samples when required
- Undertake any tasks that may be reasonably requested by the Laboratory Manager – approach these tasks in an enthusiastic and proactive manner
- Gain thorough knowledge of the day-to-day laboratory activities and equipment/testing methods
- Deliver project reports to an agreed timescale
- Report QC and Customer Service analysis results in a timely manner to the relevant departments and accurately record and update all associated records
- Assist with the technical effort to produce quality products, consistently and repeatedly
- Be responsible for ensuring projects and analysis work are processed accurately and in a timely manner
- Degree level chemistry/science
- Previous laboratory experience essential
- Experience in Oil/Lube Industry essential
- Methodical and accurate
- Attention to detail
- Good communicator
- Team player able to support QC and all other analysis functions
- Ability to maintain accurate and traceable records
Attractive base salary commensurate with experience, good bonus potential, pension, healthcare and additional benefits, enhanced holiday, tools for the job, and good career progression and personal development opportunities.
For full details contact Emma Bloomfield on 0044 (0)1565 626754 or apply directly with a copy of your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org