Director of Supply - Integrated Oil Company, London
This fully integrated oil company is looking for a new Director of Supply to be based in London. Role will be to develop, implement and monitor optimised supply strategies and plans for crudes, feedstocks and products. Such plans should support overall corporate objectives and policies working closely with group affiliates.
- Accountable for supervising and guiding the activities of the Supply Group, ensuring that they are adequately skilled, trained and motivated to achieve the company's objectives and to deliver quality services and results to the group.
- Follow market trends and ensure that short/medium term product price forecasts are developed as economic drivers for manufacturing and supply decisions. Ensure that the necessary models to follow-up industry trends are developed and maintained.
- Ensure that company is advised on a timely basis of crude and feedstock requirements for group refineries and that the economics of crudes are rigorously assessed through the use of in-house developed and maintained spreadsheets and Affiliate LP models.
- Ensure that optimised manufacturing plans and supply/demand balances are developed for main operating areas.
- Ensure that physical and priced crude and product inventories are managed through the appropriate timing of crude and product trades. Ensure that routine reports are prepared, tracking inventories against agreed targets and that priced inventory deviations are reported to Risk Management together with possible hedging strategies.
- Ensure that maximum use is made of system inventories to cover compulsory storage obligations (CSO) and that the sale of inter-affiliate tickets is optimised versus external CSO cover. Stimulate Affiliates to encourage European legislation and flexibility on bi-lateral agreements.
- Ensure that operational and economic analysis is carried out as necessary to evaluate sales, purchases, exchanges, tank rentals and marine transportation options.
- Co-ordinate the operational aspects of contracts and ensure that all contract terms meet company needs. Review and support third party term supply contracts.
- Accountable for the management and implementation of the company's Ship Vetting policy, ensuring that all vessels have been screened or inspected and found to be fit for use prior to being accepted. Manage Vetting Group, located in overseas office, and ensure that the group is adequately staffed and has the skills and marine expertise to serve the company. Review and approve vetting budgets and ensure that costs are properly controlled and charged to affiliates.
- Monitor product premia versus Platts references and propose Inter-Affiliate Transfer Price changes as needed.
- Support Affiliate MD's in assessing the operational and commercial effectiveness of Affiliate Supply Groups and personnel.
- Follow up quality changes and co-ordinate with refineries and the company's Manufacturing Advisor, concerning new product introductions including refinery capability to manufacture.
- Meet as necessary with Affiliate Management and Supply Groups to review supply programmes/issues and to stimulate them to continually seek increased manufacturing and supply flexibility and optimisation.
- Overall responsibility for implementing agreed supply strategies, ensuring that detailed plans exist for the execution of all aspects of those strategies.
- Provide supply and logistics support to Marketing Affiliates and Strategic Planning as necessary for the evaluation of acquisitions or new business opportunities.
For more information on this role, please contact Peter Morgan