Our client, a leading global developer and manufacturer of innovative chemical additive packages, requires an experienced EHS Specialist to focus on hazard communication and data integrity within their global hazcom team. You will take on various Product Stewardship activities relating to classification and labelling, the authorising of SDS’s and hazcom labels, and generally ensuring data integrity relating to raw materials. The main objective being to improve process efficiency and compliance.
The successful applicant will be a driven individual who is comfortable working autonomously whilst being part of a global team. A good knowledge of global hazcom regulations relating to the manufacture and sale of specialty chemicals is also essential. This is a new position resulting from business growth, offering exceptional career progression opportunities and an innovative and exciting working environment.
- Maintain data integrity within in the SDS authoring database to ensure products reflect the latest HSE and regulatory information available.
- Management and authorisation of Safety Data Sheets and labels for multiple global business units and products
- Assist EHS colleagues and support activities as required in all areas including Product Stewardship, Toxicology, Regulatory Affairs, Environmental, Site Safety & Process Safety.
- Use various classification schemes such as GHS, OSHA Hazcom, CLP etc to obtain hazard classifications for substances
- Monitor and communicate changes in global hazard communication regulations to ensure global and regional compliance.
- Coordinate change management processes to ensure classification and regulatory updates to products and raw materials are managed and communicated effectively
- Develop and maintain internal processes that support data management and data integrity.
Key Skills/Attributes required:
- Relevant science related degree qualification
- Specific EHS Hazcom related qualification highly desirable, though not essential
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of Product Stewardship and Hazard Communication standards/regulations
- Knowledge of global regulations that impact the manufacture and sale of chemicals.
- Knowledge of international transport regulations relating to chemicals
- Good knowledge of database system management
- Working knowledge of toxicology and risk assessment necessary for hazard communication
- Ability to lead and influence to ensure effective team work to achieve deadlines and targets
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- A driven, enthusiastic and proactive personality with an ‘own business’ attitude
Competitive base salary commensurate with experience, full benefits package, excellent pension scheme, relocation assistance if required, and exceptional global career progression opportunities.
For full details contact Keeley Robinson at Eleven Recruitment on 0044(1)565 626754 or 0044(0)7854 576318 or apply direct to firstname.lastname@example.org
Petrochemicals, Additives, Lubricant Additives, Hazard Communications, Data Integrity, Hazcom, GHS, CLP, EHS, OSHA Hazcom, WHMIS, Safety Data Sheets, SFS’s, Labelling, Specialty Chemicals, Chemicals, Chemistry, South East, UK South, South West, Chemical Manufacturing, Regulatory Affairs, Compliance, Toxicology, Ecotoxicology, DOP, IATA, IMDG
Eleven Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Eleven Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK.