Our client, a leading global developer and manufacturer of chemical additive packages is looking to expand their EHS Team with the appointment of an experienced Product Stewardship. You will play a key role in leading all product stewardship activities and providing EHS support for one or more assigned business units. Reporting to the Senior Product Stewardship Manager you will interact daily with cross business teams, R&D, trade associations and regulatory bodies.
This is an exciting and varied opportunity for the successful applicant to really advance their career in this specialist field.
- Lead all EHS support for your assigned business units responding to internal and external customers as required
- Coordinate global chemical registrations relating to new chemical notifications
- Handle complex customer and regulatory issues with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of hazcom and chemical control regulations
- Participate in projects to ensure they meet regulatory compliance and the EHS requirements of internal/external customers
- Carry out substance registrations such as REACH
- Support all regulatory compliance activities relating to your business units
- Deliver presentations on EHS topics as required
- Maintain expert level proficiency for various classification schemes such as OSHA Hazcom, GHS, CLP & WHMIS methodologies.
- Communicate any issues and impacts related to various classifications to the business unit and R&D.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of related computer systems such as IUCLID, Sphera - IA, etc.
- Monitor the development of international chemical legislation in designated countries.
- Work with competitors through trade associations and working groups, to achieve mutually beneficial goals.
- Degree in Chemistry, or other science related field
- Demonstrable understanding of Product Stewardship and EHS functions
- Understand the function and applications of the additives and formulations of product lines
- Advise formulators in ways to reduce hazards and risks relating to products
- In depth understanding of chemistry and a knowledge of toxicology, ecotoxicology and risk assessment
- Knowledge of International transport legislation & ability to handle complex inquiries.
- Able to interpret and summarise complex information.
- Enthusiastic and motivated personality
- Proven team-player.
- Ability to achieve deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Able to think analytically and focus on details.
Attractive base salary commensurate with experience, full benefits package, relocation assistance if required, and excellent global career progression opportunities.
For full details contact Keeley Robinson at Eleven Recruitment on 0044(1)565 626754 or 0044(0)7854 576318 or apply direct to email@example.com
Product Stewardship, Compliance, EHS, Toxicology, Petrochemicals, Additives, Specialty Chemicals, REACH, CLP, GHS, WHMIS, Chemical registration, Formulation, Chemistry, R&D, South East, UK, Chemical Legislation
Eleven Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Eleven Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK.