Are you an experienced Technical Development professional with R&D and project management experence, who can also demonstrate strong commercial acumen?
A global multi award winning organisation in the speciality chemicals world needs a Technical Specialist to join an innovative team that will seek to identify new pipelines of products for the future, with a focus on sustainability.
This is an exciting time to join this organisation as it helps to identify, integrate and support changing customer product requirements. You will be working alongside an exceptional team of fellow commercial experts and R&D experts who embrace this vision of the future. This is a career opportunity with an exciting future!
You must have a strong understanding of the end user and OEM marketplace, this can come through a range of market pathways including energy and lubricants. You need to embrace the idea of creating conversations with the end users about the products of the future, sustainability being a key part of this conversation, and have a strong technical experience base. It is these end user conversations that will lead on to a next generation product portfolio.
Previous technical, R&D experience 5 years plus needs to be complemented by 5 years plus commercial skills, ideally with project management.
This role can be home-based in the UK or Europe
- Creation and delivery of product line strategies across a range of energy and mobility related markets
- Market analysis and assessment of customer requirements in growth markets to provide leadership and guidance
- Understand and engage with OEMs and key partners to create collaborative pathways
- Through innovation and optimisation of the product portfolio ensure there is adequate product offering to meet business strategies
- Management and further development of customer relationships both internal and external
- Identify, coordinate and prioritise project and key development activities throughout Europe
- Convert market changes into opportunities for growth
- Assist in the development of business plans
- Work collaboratively with sales, marketing, technical and regulatory teams on a daily basis
KEY SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES
- Technical degree Chemistry or Engineering
- Experience in product development, management of / or marketing of products, and project management
- Demonstrable commercial acumen and some sales experience is highly desirable
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Customer facing experience in a technical capacity
- An understanding of product formulation and new product development activities
- Strong relationship building skills both internally and externally
- Effective communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel to fulfil responsibilities
- An aptitude and openness to learning and potential to grow
- Effective planning skills to develop and manage execution of a product portfolio
Competitive base salary commensurate with experience, plus full benefits.
For full details contact Emma Bloomfield on 0044 (0) 1565 626754 / 0044 (0) 7884230345 or via Emma@elevenrecruitment.com
Eleven Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Eleven Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK.