Our client, a leading global developer and manufacturer of chemical additive packages is looking to expand their Technical Service Support Team with the appointment of a Senior Technical support specialist. With a Chemistry / Chemical Engineering, or Science related degree you will provide expert technical support and deliver solutions for customers and OEM’s by fully understanding their needs and applications then recommending/developing suitable products. You will also be able to offer project lead capability to meet technology requirements and approval needs. You will have regular interaction with customers and OEM’s in addition to full project Management responsibility
- Working closely with sales and the wider business team organize a plan for approval testing to meet customer requirements.
- Manage projects with Customer Technical Support stage gate process.
- Organise data derived from the approval program and translate all appropriate information in understandable formats.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the latest technologies, customer needs, market trends, and industry direction.
- Prepare written reports and technical literature for use by the customer and Sales teams.
- Possess the necessary skills and drive to manage individuals’ performance to achieve team goals.
- Take responsibility for a safe working environment and maintain up to date knowledge of safety procedures to assist with training.
- Maintain productive relationships with team members and both internal and external customers.
- Help resolve customer complaints in a timely, efficient, and professional manner.
- Establish an in depth knowledge and understanding of industry test requirements, and associated specifications
- Regular interface with Customer Service, R&D, OEM, Sales and Marketing to gain an understanding of current and future market trends, requirements, and applications and to ensure aligned customer account management.
- Mentoring and coaching
Essential Skills/Attributes required:
- Degree in Chemistry, Chemical/Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Heavy duty engine oil experience/knowledge (ideally from an additive company or oil major)
- Good understanding of ACEA and API
- Project management experience
- Customer facing experience
- A solid understanding of Customer Technical Support functions
- Experience in the petrochemical, oil / lubricant, heavy duty vehicle, or engineering sector
- Timely decision making capabilities using a mixture of analysis, experience, and judgement.
- A good knowledge of general business models, practices and procedures.
- Good analysis and problem solving skills from a technical perspective.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Previous leadership and mentoring experience.
- The ability to work cross business within a matrix organization.
- Demonstrable project management/leadership skills.
- Innovative thinker, open to new concepts and process improvement ideas.
- Flexible to cope with change and multiple priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to make good strong connections with customers & OEM personnel.
- Strong business and commercial acumen.
Attractive base salary commensurate with experience, full benefits package, relocation assistance if required, and excellent global career progression opportunities.
For full details contact Keeley Robinson at Eleven Recruitment on 0044(1)565 626754 or 0044(0)7854 576318 or apply direct to email@example.com
Heavy Duty Engine Oil, ACEA, API, Technical Support, Senior Technician, Senior Technical Support, Technologist, Customer Relations, Technical Service, Senior Project Management, Project Management, Customer Support, Chemicals, Additives, Oil, Fuel, Lubricants, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Science, Testing, R&D, Additives, CRM, Analysis, Problem Solving, Engineering, OEM, OEM Liaison, Techical, Engine Oil, Southern England, South West, London, Formulation, Lubricants, Lubrication
Eleven Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Eleven Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK.