We have a new opportunity for a Financial Analyst with a global commodities firm in London.
This position is responsible for verifying trade details, monitoring pricing, communicating with counterparts on settlements for the European Natural Gas and Power trading desk.
- Communicate with Schedulers and Traders to ascertain correctness of trade details, timing of physical product movement, and resolution of trade discrepancies.
- Calculate, prepare and send invoices for provisional and final settlements.
- Ensure the wiring instructions are entered correctly in each Trading system and the General Ledger.
- Create and submit the settlement packets for cash payment and forecast.
- Call counterparts to obtain confirmation of daily cash receipts. Follow up on cash fails.
- FX Settlements
- Special projects upon request by management.
Education, Training & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business preferred.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Sound decision making skills and the ability to work with little supervision.