We are looking for someone with experience in Oil trading and therefore an understanding of accounting standards in an Oil business. The candidate will also need to have experience of dealing with large quantities of data and completing complex analysis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reporting the monthly gross margin results for the crude and products entrepreneurial trading in accordance with FRS 101.
- Reconcile gross margin results to the trading system (Symphony) and to the Risk P&L to produce the MI/MA reconciliation on a monthly basis with detailed explanation on differences.
- Prepare monthly management accounts and performance reporting pack, including detailed commentary and analysis.
- Engage with multiple internal stakeholders to gather and analyse information for reporting purposes.
- Provide assurance on the application of accounting policies relevant in the Oil Industry.
- Perform other analysis, ad hoc projects and duties as needed
- Identify process inefficiencies and co-work with IT department to improve efficiency and effectiveness and processes and controls.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Background knowledge of crude & products trading
- Sufficient knowledge of trading systems. Experience in the use of Symphony trading system would be advantageous
- High level of proficiency in Excel
- Ability to analyse, interpret and evaluate complex data
- Experience of SAP is essential
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic, positive and proactive
- Finance, Accounts, or equivalent. International Oil Trading experience would be advantageous
At least 3 years working experience of Oil Trading P&L reporting within energy industry or commodity trading
Degree in Accounting and Finance or equivalent
Partial or Fully qualified ACCA/CIMA Accountant