To be based in South-East of England
To carry out a wide range of activities associated with the management of Client's Flex contracts and to support the growth, development and profitability of Client's Flex Portfolio. This includes daily position management tasks, wholesale contract trading (both prompt and curve), flex transactions, flex contract management and ad-hoc queries.
* Flex Trading
* Flex Contract Management
* Innovation and Product Development
* Flex Tender Evaluation
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
* Excellent numeracy skills with particular attention to speed, accuracy and attention to detail
* You have a basic knowledge of the UK & European Power Markets and begin to develop a wider technical and fundamental understanding of factors driving prices from forward markets through to Balancing Mechanism
* You are able to develop models from first principles and sense-check outputs.
* You are able to apply analytical techniques in a sensible pragmatic way and understand their limitations.
* You are capable of making quick and concise trading decisions whilst maintaining attention to detail
* Intermediate/Advanced Excel skills
Measures of Success:
* High levels of Customer and TPI satisfaction with prices quoted, demonstrate a good understanding of Flex products and wholesale energy markets and provide good service. Supported by contract retention and positive feedback from stakeholders.
* Net price exposure remains at <=0 through diligent position management and accurate hedging.
* Effective management of Flex contracts over their lifetime, adding value for both parties where possible and increasing retention rates.
* Good quality market information provided to customers/TPIs to enable informed decisions in a timely manner.
* Feedback from customers, external TPIs and Sales and Marketing colleagues on contract management, quality of information provided and query resolution.
* Flex team systems and processes are fit for purpose
* Judgement based on quality/outcomes of tools/techniques employed in analyses
South East England, England
7 months ago