Our client is a European energy supplier, looking for a fundamental and trading analyst. This role is responsible for the development and operation of the fundamental price forecasting process within the Trading team.
The role reports directly to the Head of Trading and will be expected to add £2-3m of value from price views contributing to forward and prompt decision making.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development and maintenance of fundamental price forecasting tool
- Creation of price views to support hedging and optimisation decisions in forward and prompt timescales
- Calibration of forecasts with market outturns
- Lead interface with external market data providers and market forecasting tool developer
- Coordination and cooperation with M&A team
- Communication of price views to senior executive team
- Development of fundamental based price views to add value to hedging and optimisation decisions
- Provision of trading analysis to support UK trading and wider decisions within the Group
REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required in numerate subject, preferably economics or mathematics
- Experience utilising and developing stack type power models or other generation dispatch/scheduling programmes strongly preferred
- Ability to perform fundamental market analysis using principles of economic theory
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and prioritise effectively
- Highly numerate with strong analysis and spreadsheet skills, and preferably, database skills
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate complex issues in a clear, concise and coherent manner to both Board level executives and other members of the Commercial team
- Possess outstanding interpersonal and team-working skills
- Demonstrate strong commercial judgement and a pragmatic and creative approach to problem solving
- Highly organised with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Committed to continuous improvement and personal development
- 3 years or more experience in energy trading/optimisation environment, preferably, with specific focus on power market economics.
- Excellent understanding of UK electricity market and relevant fuel markets and the fundamental drivers which shape them.
- Self-starter with ability to prioritise effectively and working to tight deadlines.
- Effective team worker, with the ability to work independently when required.