An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Gas Forward Trader to join a Central European Energy Supply and Trading business. This asset owning business is looking to add a Senior Gas Forward Trader with a proven track record of significant P&L delivery to its established team in Germany.
• Provide market access for internal customers for Gas and Oil products.
• Provide market analysis and market feedback to all relevant business streams.
• Provide linear pricing and EOD price curves.
• Proprietary trading across all Gas markets.
• Manage new and existing linear positions for Gas Options & Forward Trading and support position management for Gas Trading & Optimization.
• Maintain positions range within limits established together with Market Risk.
• Actively support of portfolio hedging decisions within Gas Trading & Optimization.
• Develop new trading areas and seek new trading opportunities.
• Manage brokers and exchanges relationships.
Who we are seeking
• Extensive (minimum 7 years) experience in gas trading and cross commodity exposure.
• Experience in risk management and managing own positions within limits.
• Proven track record of significant P&L delivery from own positions over the years.
• Knowledge of Derivative Pricing, Asset Management, Optimization Methods & Stochastic Processes.
• Proficient knowledge of Excel and Risk Management/Deal booking systems.
• Good communication and language (English) skills.
• Proactive and independent way of working with a focus on discipline and respect of limits.
• Good team player.
Competitive salary and benefits package