Our client, an innovative Energy Trading and Portfolio Optimization company, is looking for a Senior LNG Analyst to support the gas desk to develop and improve the LNG balances, tools, forecasting models and algorithms. The jobholder will report and work closely with the Gas Trader. The key objective of this role is to enable the expansion of the Gas desk and the company by providing effective analysis and modelling.
- Developing and running Global LNG supply and demand models in conjunction with the Gas Trader. That is the first and most important part of the job especially on the initial period.
- Providing support with the European Gas analysis (mainly run existing models) in collaboration with the Gas trader and the other analysts in the Gas desk.
- Operate models and support tools daily to forecast future market prices
- Providing clear market analysis and trading strategies to the Gas desk
- Challenging and validating modelling approaches with a view to increase modelling accuracy.
- Working in collaboration with other teams (i.e. Power, Meteo and US) to ensure consistent and robust outlook across the benches and also to generate new insights that could assist in forecasting energy market trends.
- Seeking and delivering continuous improvement and innovation in analytical approaches and methodologies.
- Providing country specific insight to the team upon specific requests (when marginal information).
- Guide and help to nurture younger members in the team.
- Gathering and maintain up-to-date market information on unit availability, generation level, market prices, etc.
- Helping the trader to formulate /refine / back test trading ideas and trading strategies to improve business results.
Who You Are
- MSc or PhD, in e.g. Energy Economics, Mathematics, Engineering.
- Experienced LNG or Gas analyst with strong LNG understanding.
- 5+ years of experience in the energy environment.
- Can-do and proactive approach to delivering results; able to deal with conflict and field critical questioning.
- Proficient with excel/VBA. Python programming and development skills would be a distinct advantage.
- Independent thinker; creative in finding alternative solutions.
- The daily intellectual challenges and competitions with the market energize you.
- Ability to work under pressure, time constraints and to establish priorities.
- Highly-developed attention to detail.
- Experience in quantitative modelling skills including working with large and incomplete data.