Our London based client, a refining and trading business is looking for a Loss Control Manager to add marine tanker expertise to the already established loss control team.
You will be required to deliver operational loss control assistance to the trading and shipping desk with key responsibilities as follows .
- Identifies, plans and executes loss control policy and procedures to traders, oil and shipping operations and terminals relating to the carriage of petroleum cargos, including 3rd party storage
- If required, attends load and discharge ports, STS locations to co-ordinate and execute loss control policy and procedures on behalf of the company
- Assists with blending and co-mingling of cargoes to specification as required; (e.g. VLCC Fuel Oil cargoes), stowage plans, COW, FSU operations etc
- Maintains accurate and detailed records of all cargo sales and purchases with regards to loss control, providing data on demand
- Assists in the submission of cargo claims for shortages, contamination etc. to counterparties and/or insurers
- Assists in the defence of claims for shortages and/or contamination
If you have proven experience in this environment , as well as either a former mariner or industry loss control profession then this is an ideal opportunity to take your career to the next level.