This Liquid Gas Carrier Owner is currently looking for a Shipping Operator to join their team in London.
The role will report to the Operations Manager and will ensure that assigned ships are operated safely and efficiently, and perform within the specification of their contract and customer expectations.
Key Job Responsibilities;
- Ensure assigned vessels are operated within the limits of their operational and technical safety margins and in accordance with the Company's Safety Management System. Intervene and advise the Operations Manager or other management representative whenever necessary.
- Communicate with charterers and other stakeholders to ensure the safe operation of assigned vessels, always protecting the Company's best interest.
- Plan voyages and prepare voyage estimates as necessary. Proactively communicate pre-fixture details to internal and external stakeholders as necessary. Coordinate vessel activities with various Company Departments as necessary.
- Issue initial and intermediate voyage orders, instructions and details to the Master.
- Purchase bunkers as directed.
- Nominate port agents and/or other local port servants, always to the best interest of the Company and aiming always to the enhancement of customer satisfaction.
- Review and approve D/A, remittances and invoices received from appointed ship servants and port agents for operational matters.
- Keep abreast of vessel movements and activities. Issue position lists in accordance with owner and charterer's requirements.
- Proactively manage all cargo and voyage operational matters. Involve Supervisor and others as necessary.
- Ensure that all steps are being taken to avoid Charter Party disputes and in case of a dispute ensure that owners' interests are protected in the best manner.
- Assist the Chartering department as necessary.
- Pursues Company's quality and environmental targets and objectives for his department and provide the Quality Management Representative with the statistical data and key performance indicators (KPIs) as directed.
- Participate in the Company Emergency Response Team (ERT) as directed.
- Work proactively to enhance customer satisfaction (ship-owners, shippers, charterers, other stakeholders). Communicate with Shippers / Charterers and other stakeholders to obtain feedback information on Customer Satisfaction.