This growing Oil Supply & Trading business are looking to hire a Jet Fuel Operator in their London office.
The role will be a six month contract with the potential to go permanent.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Takes ownership of deal cycle from drafting of contracts to cargo and shipping operations and documentation.
- Applies understanding of GT&Cs and charter parties and managing cargo and shipping issues in line with the contract and charter-party requirements.
- Implements effective shipping and cargo assurance procedures, providing assurance on quality and quantity issues & investigation, resolving claims and disputes effectively.
- Deep understanding of book strategy and applies understanding of market drivers to optimize value of transaction.
- Timely submission of demurrage claims to ensure no time-bar issues. Actively seeking ways to minimize delays and ship operating costs.
- Good understanding of storage contract terminology, storage agreement and awareness of terminal infrastructure and operational flexibilities. Manages stock inventories and terminal operational performances. Actively seeking ways to optimize our storage tanks.
- Follow through each cargo delivery by working closely with surveyor and shipping agents to help manage and mitigates cargo and shipping operational risks. Anticipate problems and take proactive actions to ensure smooth delivery, optimize value and proactively minimize demurrage exposure.
- Work closely with Trading, Legal, Finance and Risk to ensure each transaction is carried out timely, accurately and professionally.
- Ensure LCs are timely issued and received within contractual obligations and compliance requirements.
- Develop business process improvements, and is proactive and constructive in challenging others.
- Build and maintain key relationship for the business activities and fosters relationships across all stakeholders and within own department. Demonstrates ability to influence others in pursuit of commercial optimization for specific operations activities.
- Ensure cargo and storage insurance coverage within own bench is being managed.
- Anticipates and manages crisis situation and to support emergency role as and when the situation demand. Source market intelligence and share among the team members and Traders for better decision making.
- Operates within Delegation of Authority (DOA), Management Directives (MD) and company's Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Maintain timely and accurate records in relevant system and spreadsheets.
- Scheduling and monitoring of pipeline, truck and vessel deliveries from import terminal into various locations (mainly airports) across Europe.
- Developed relationship with 3rd party service provider such as Into-Plane agents, managing agents of storage and transport facilities.
- Manage the company's jet fuel inventories including scheduling and inventory data in the storage.
- Any ad-hoc tasks as assigned by Management, not limiting to providing cover and support to other benches and wider operations as and when required.
- Degree in any discipline
- Minimum 2 years' of relevant experience in operations and supply chain of aviation jet fuel.
- Knowledge in LC and shipping documentations.
- Driven, strong relationship and interpersonal skills. A team player with ability to operate independently.
- Methodical, well-organized and have an ability to work under pressure
- Good commercial understanding, analytical ability and numerate
- Strong system and PC skills, including spreadsheet and word processing