We are looking for an Operational Risk Analyst to join a Commodities Trading house in Central London.
MAIN JOB FUNCTION
- Supporting the business in its growth aspirations through effective risk management processes especially in new products and markets where the business may see opportunities to develop.
- Reviewing Operational Risks that may require intervention so as to reduce exposure to the company
- Inform the business of risks that may impact their operational activity and seek solutions to resolve and mitigate.
- Foster relationships within the deal lifecycle that encourage and empower the business to seek continuous improvements and be proactive in its risk management approach.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Facilitate and manage the risk assessments of new business activities, including but not exclusive to New Product Approvals (NPA), Non Standard Deal Approvals (NSDA) and New Commercial Activity Integration (NCAI) across Oil, Gas, Power, Emissions LNG and Derivatives trading.
- Support the business in identifying risks through incident operational risk tools (i.e. incident reporting) and liaising with the business to seek solutions and risk mitigation opportunities.
- Deep dive where required operational incidents that may have a regular occurrence or significant exposure to the business and provide to the governance structures with support of relevant functions risk mitigation proposals to prevent/minimise reoccurrence.
- Provide deep dive analysis of external industry events/incidents and assess if the business can be exposed to those risks. If so provide proportionate and effective recommendations to mitigate the risk.
- Ensuring Key Risk Indicators are identified/implemented with the relevant business owners that monitor identified risks of key processes and procedures and where required investigate any divergence from agreed thresholds/limits.
- Support the business if required on projects where subject matter expertise is required especially in reviewing updating or developing new procedures
- Report on a periodic basis (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual) information that informs the business on its Operational Risk profile including but not exclusive to risk dashboard, trend reports, status updates and input into bench performance reports.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working within a trading or origination role. Operational Risk experience desirable but will consider candidates with knowledge of the trade lifecycle (i.e. Middle Office, Risk, Back Office). Knowledge of Enterprise Risk Management frameworks would be an advantage but not essential.
- Strong bias towards a particular product set rather than a generalist (i.e. LNG, Derivatives, Crude, Products, Power, Gas or Emissions)Result oriented approach and proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to identify risk trends. Outstanding problem solving skills with the ability to work with key stakeholders to develop and implement solutions to reduce risks.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills to be utilised across multiple levels the organisation
- Ability to operate with minimum supervision on multiple projects. Must be able to prioritise workload in reactions the business and functional needs.
- Strong and solid knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including excellent Excel and VBA skills, knowledge of Matlab would be a plus;
- Full command of English language (spoken and written), knowledge of Italian language would be an advantage but not essential.