We have a new and exciting opportunity for an experienced Operations Manager with an engineering background to join a leading global manufacturer of high performance industrial lubricants and greases. Products are developed and designed to meet the specific needs of industries in some of the most demanding environments.
Reporting into the Managing Director you will have a proven track record in operations, supply chain, change management and site responsibility for storage and warehousing. Team management experience is essential as you will have 3 direct reports covering warehousing and back office functions.
Any knowledge of the industrial lubricants market and / or the rail sector is desirable. The successful applicant will be a hands on multi tasker who enjoys autonomy and leading from the front.
- Management of Sage 200 stock control system, MRP, MPS
- Team leadership/management
- Supply chain management / review
- Site responsibility (storage and warehousing)
- Organise yearly stock checks and auditor requirements
- Monitor stock levels for current and future requirements
- Cross business liaison with Liaise with Design, Sales, Warehousing
- Order scheduling
- Stock level control and order management
- Quality standards maintenance – ISO
- Supplier/stakeholder management
KEY SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES
- Engineering sector background
- Warehousing and supply chain management experience from a similar environment
- Good knowledge of Sage 200 MRP System or similar system
- Expert user of Microsoft Excel
- An understanding of Solid Works or similar design software (highly desirable)
- Good attention to detail
- Team leadership experience
- Good general knowledge of related HSE
- Good problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work to targets and handle pressure
- Flexible approach to work and occasional overseas business travel
Competitive base salary commensurate with experience, bonus scheme, pension, life assurance etc
For full details contact Keeley Robinson via email@example.com or on 0044 (0) 1565 626754 or 0044 (0)7854 576318
Eleven Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Eleven Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK.