Excellent opportunity for an Analyst to join the growing team of a London based global merchant commodities firm specializing in energy.
The ideal candidate will have commodities knowledge (metals preferred), strong quantitative and analytical skills, extreme attention to detail, and advanced Excel skills. Excellent career path and package.
The analyst will be responsible for collaborating with the other team members to accurately and consistently produce daily Profit & Loss reports for each of the commodity products traded by the Company, amongst other responsibilities.
- Accurate trade entry into trading systems for various commodity groups, such as Oil, Natural Gas, Distillates, Ags, Softs, Metals, Steel, etc.
- Timely trade amendments
- Reconciliation of our derivate (futures and swaps) positions between trading positions and the Futures Commission Merchant thus resolving all trade breaks
- Preparation of daily price files from multiple sources, such as Bloomberg, Morningstar, Platts, Argus, trader derived marks, etc.
- Nightly P&L calculation for all lines of business
- Reconciliation of daily P&L outs between trader estimate and actual P&L run
- Publishing daily P&L reports to traders and upper management
- Updating/ maintaining trading system reference data, from book reporting structure to instrument creation.
Skills and Experience:
- 1-4 years of related professional Financial Services experience
- Prior commodities experience required
- Ability to work well in group environment – This is a collaborative team that shares responsibility across all business lines.
- Advanced Excel skills a MUST - Candidates, in prior roles or internships, must have demonstrated mastery of analyzing large raw sets of data using the following tools: Pivot tables, vlookups, hlookups, formulas (sumifs, etc.), manipulating AND building VBA macros. Other coding (like SQL) is a plus.
- Extremely detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks according to business need, in collaboration with team members
- P&L experience in metals/concentrates preferred.