Our client, a leading global investment bank, is looking for a professional and dynamic individual with a strong interest and background in Physical Commodities & Logistics. The ideal candidate would be able to operate effectively in a challenging and fast-paced environment, partner with the Business and other core support areas in order to meet business demands and facilitate new business growth with a key focus on clients, risk, control and efficiency.
Bulk Logistics is a high-value risk management team in Operations that is responsible for managing all physical aspects of our Commodities business. Working closely with the Business, Operations, and other departments, the Logistics team controls the physical risks associated with a variety of transactions. We are seeking a professional who is looking to collaborate with a variety of different departments in order to mitigate risks associated with the logistics chain for metals, oil and a number of other physical commodities transactions.
HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Onboarding, execution and ongoing support of structured financing physical transactions with learning opportunities across Metals and Oil.
- Daily Scheduling, Vessel vetting, transportation document review and general logistical support for the Physical Base Metals and Oil programme & cross product physical commodities Financing programme
- Interacting with traders, strategists, and structurers in addition to middle office, legal, compliance, credit, IT, tax, product control and documentation teams in order to work toward the shared goal of risk mitigation and business facilitation.
- Partner with clients and vendors daily to provide the best possible service in managing our global physical delivery program
- Review all economic and logistical aspects of physical trades while gaining financial risk awareness
- Ensure contracts & confirmations accurately reflect terms agreed and identify discrepancies in legal documents & invoices
- Leverage quantitative skills to identify & suggest best possible optimization opportunities
- Participate in the ongoing development of the team processes and procedures in order to support this developing business
EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Physical Base Metals logistics and Oil Vessel Operations
- Experience with Physical Inventory management and supply chain optimisation/planning
- Cargo operations experience beneficial but not essential
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial deal terms, title transfer documents and Incoterms
- Familiarity with Master Sales and Purchase Agreements / Framework agreements
- Experience coordinating across multiple stakeholders and executing large scale transactions
- Proactive, self-starting individual with high levels of ownership of projects and contracts
- Strong organizational skills & ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Proven technical and analytical skills, a control mentality with meticulous attention to detail
- Strong focus on control issues, processes and procedures
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast paced environment, able to work well under pressure in order to meet deadlines
- Aptitude for building relationships both inside and outside of the firm and ability to communicate effectively with a wide array of people with varying product knowledge
- Excel Skills preferred but not essential
- Strong understanding/interest in Physical Commodities Logistics & Vessel Operations
- Communication & Presentation skills