This reputable and specialist niche company have a rare opportunity to make a key appoint as Senior Plant Manager to lead on operational aspects at their base in Staffordshire. This independent niche refinery processes a high volume of automotive lubricants circa 40,000 tonnes per annum. Lubricants will be processed on site to produce a range of products including gasoline; diesel; base oil; and a bitumen substitute.
The Plant Manager will report directly to the Managing Director and will be responsible for all day-to-day plant activities – encompassing Health, Safety and Environment, Production, Quality Control of Feedstock, Refinery Production (and Maintenance) whilst liaising with the Commercial Department as to Product Sales and Distribution.
The role will also encompass Project Management as the refinery looks to double capacity over the next 2 years, a proven background of demonstrating and leading on investments and expansion of a facility would be advantageous.
Applicants should hold a Degree in Chemical Engineering and have at least 10 years experience in industry with specific knowledge of distillation. Experience specifically within the oil sector would be preferred. The role requires an individual with good communication skills at all levels, someone who displays confidence at working with a range of stakeholders.
The successful applicant will be expected to live within 20 miles of the refinery, a relocation package can be considered.
- Degree in chemical engineering
- Previous hands on refinery experience is essential, ideally 10+ years
- Distillation experience is essential
- Proven experience of chemicals management from a refinery/chemical manufacturing environment
- Experience of identifying and managing process improvements.
- Project management experience
- Previous mentoring/supervisory experience or ideally management of a small team
- Able to multi task with a flexible approach to work.
- You will enjoy both the engineering and theoretical/chemical aspects of the role
- Capable of performing manual tasks if required
- A confident communicator and team player with a good sense of humour!
- Evidence of long term senior management potential
- Ambitious individual with a long term career outlook and entrepreneurial flair.
A very attractive base salary commensurate with experience, flexible benefits package to suit, pension, healthcare.
For full details contact Keeley Robinson on 0044 (0)1565 626754 or send your CV and application directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Refining, Refinery, Oil refining, Oil, Base Oils, Plant Manager, Operations, Site Manager, Process Engineer, Chemical Engineer, Staffordshire, Stoke on Trent, Derbyshire, Cheshire, West Midlands, Distillation
Eleven Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Eleven Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the EU.