An opportunity has arisen to join a top tier trading house, in the European power and gas physical operations team based in London. The clients operations span five continents and engage more than fifty countries.
- Responsibility for on time and correct processing and sending of intraday and day ahead nominations, schedules and programs to counterparties and network operators
- The role involves acting as an interface between Power traders and European Grid Operators for the submission of exchange bids, nomination of positions within various countries and the nomination of border flows.
- Ensure gas positions, storages & IP/VIPs are nominated timely and accurately across UK & European Grids
- Perform allocation and capacity bookings and ensure all trades are booked in our ETRM
- Optimisation of out of hours positions, for gas and power, from both the trading desk and DMA business.
- Participating on European auctions for cross border power flows. This includes BrtiNed, IFA, NEMO and JAO auctions on a monthly basis
- Closing out positions from storage and capacity cuts/scaling.
- Ensuring all market license conditions are upheld through good communications with the relevant network operators and implementation of network codes
- Degree level education
- Good knowledge of the energy industry, including gas and power operations
- Excellent computer skills, SQL, VBA
- Effective communication and time management skills
- Work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to cope with pressurised situations and adhering to deadlines
- Between 3-7 years power scheduling experience.
- Experience working with Openlink, EPEX, XBID/Comm Trader, JAO, N2EX, Gemini, PRISMA, Trayport, WebICE, ENOM, EEX, ICE Endex, APX, IPEX, PCE, PSV, OTE, EUREX
- Strong understanding of European power markets – balancing mechanisms, day ahead/intraday nomination deadlines & matching,
- Experience of physical nominations / explicit capacity purchase for border flows and cash out mechanisms across power and gas markets.
- Understanding of market coupling process & multiple NEMO arrangement
- Trading experience a plus