We are delighted to be working on behalf of an integrated energy business based in Switzerland who are looking for a Power Trader to join their team.
The ideal candidate will have asset-backed power trading experience. Responsibilities include developing and executing strategies around clean-spark spread assets and overseeing the development of the regional flow business and market entries.
• Managing Asset-backed trading execution working closely with the lead quant of the desk
• Trading Month +1 to Year +3
• Position and liquidity management in CWE power markets
• Taking positions on the CWE and SWE geographical spreads backed by CBC plays
• Participating in valuations of CWE and SWE conventional and renewable assets and PPAs
• 3-7 years Power Trading experience
• Experience in CSS forward trading (CWE, preferably DE)
• Experience trading around sparks in DE/FR/NL/ES/IT
• Quantitative modelling background (python)
• Preferably a master’s degree in Mathematics or Engineering
• Understanding of option valuation concepts
• Experience with PPA structuring and hedging strategies is an advantage