We are looking for a Procurement Specialist to join our London based client. The successful candidate will be responsible to understand spend within assigned categories and (with budget stakeholder engagement) develop and implement sourcing strategies to ensure uninterrupted, cost effective supply of the goods & services necessary to support our client’s business goals and operations.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies at global and regional level within the assigned categories of spend - acting as the business partner to the operational departments and budget holders
- Agree targeted projects with global procurement category team and key category stakeholders and define and lead project plan
- As part of targeted projects, negotiate and deliver price and supply conditions ensuring commercial terms are optimized, supply maintained, contracts implemented and managed as appropriate and agreed with business stakeholders
- Develop supplier performance metrics and measures to ensure ongoing quality and consistency of products and services
- Work with the supplier base to identify new sources within existing portfolio and new technologies and innovation which may bring advantage to the client
Skills and competencies
- High personal credibility and ethics
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to lead through influence and build consensus within teams where the incumbent has no line authority.
- Self-starter with strong business acumen
- Ability to organise and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to travel within region EMEAI 20-30% and globally on a limited basis with an understanding of regional and cultural differences
- Chemistry understanding is a must
- Between 2-5 years’ experience in a similar industry, role or petrochemical company
- Basic knowledge of SAP is a must
- Degree in a science subject