A leading Oil Trading company in Central London is looking for a Product Control Analyst.
- Review, monitor and check daily physical and paper transactions have been executed and reported correctly, and are within Trading Delegations of Authority.
- Responsible for ensuring that the position, P&L reporting and commentary including trading costs (accrual, provisions and actuals), are meaningful, transparent and timely, for the assigned business area within the Oil BUs; Attributing and communicating in a meaningful way.
- Daily interaction with relevant trading team and other front/middle office departments to support business risk management requirements.
- Provide regular commentary on book performance and strategy, showing clear understanding and control to a variety of audiences.
- Provide insightful management information and analysis as required and to proactively seek to support wider business stakeholders and needs.
- Support and act as an escalation point for Oil Trading DoA and limit breaches;
- Responsible for weekly/monthly/quarterly controls and input into close processes as required for designated business area.
- Ensure integrity of data through the implementation of suitable controls, and regular review and management of data sources.
- Responsible for setup of controls for new business initiatives, ongoing maintenance, and development and improvement thereafter as required;
- Responsible for communicating and escalating the development and maintenance requirements of infrastructure in support of business growth;
- Support the wider team by utilising cross cover capabilities for other team members and to support overall team flexibility.
- Responsible for calculation/maintenance of fair value adjustments (FVAs);
Education - Degree level education, preferably in Business/Finance/Banking/Mathematics/Statistics/Engineering or with appropriate Business experience
Qualifications - Additional job related professional qualifications an advantage
Professional Background - Commodities Product Control and/or Market Risk or Trading
- Very strong understanding of Oil trading and risk management in the context of physical oil products. Experience in biofuels would be an advantage;
- Strong Communication skills - ability to interact with a variety of departments and tiers.
- Experience of market risk techniques and procedures an advantage;
- Commercially aware
- Team player and able to operate under tight deadlines
- Track record of improving (or devising and implementing) controls and procedures;
- Skill in VBA and experience of Symphony an advantage
- Experience of managing or supporting significant business growth;
- Project management experience;
- Able to take, and maintain, an independent approach and challenge where appropriate.