Job Title: Product Portfolio Manager
Location: East Midlands
We are looking for an experienced Technical / Technology / Product Development professional who can demonstrate strong commercial acumen, effective leadership capabilities, and potential for future growth to join a leading global organisation in the speciality chemicals world as Product Portfolio Manager. As part of the Engine Oil Additives team you will have the opportunity to work in an innovative product development environment alongside a highly skilled European Technical Sales Team, travel internationally, liaise with global teams on a daily basis, and work with some of the biggest OEM's in the world. A genuine 'Career' opportunity!
Previous product portfolio management, project management, and product development experience is required. We are open to this relevant experience from markets outside of the chemical industry and will consider applicants at all stages of their careers.
Overall key to your success will be insight from analysis and assessment of applications, end users and customer requirements for specified markets .
This is a UK Midlands based opportunity with offering full relocation support Europe wide if required
* Creation and execution of product line strategies
* Market analysis and assessment of applications for customer requirements in specific markets
* Managing the portfolio of Passenger Car and Heavy Duty Diesel Engine Oil Additive products to ensure profitability and adaptability to market demands
* Management and further development of Customer relationships both internal and external
* Through innovation and optimisation of the product portfolio ensure there is adequate product offering to meet business strategies
* Analysis of both customer & business needs to provide leadership and guidance on products
* Convert market changes into opportunities for growth.
* Work closely with customers by applying market knowledge to identify ways they can differentiate and grow their business
* Assist in the development of business plans
* Analysis of market trends and involvement in the development of product promotional material
* Provide commercial support or leadership to New Product Development teams if required
* Ensure alignment with Sales, OEM and Marketing teams on strategy and tactics to successfully implement the business plan
KEY SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES
* Technical or business related degree
* Experience in product development, management of / or marketing of products, and project management
* Demonstrable commercial acumen and some sales experience is highly desirable
* Customer facing experience in a technical capacity
* An understanding of product formulation and new product development activities
* Some knowledge of the Passenger Car or Heavy Duty Diesel Engine Oil sector, customers and competitors highly desirable
* An understanding of product marketing skills including product positioning, pricing, and promotion
* Strong relationship building skills both internally and externally
* Effective communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
* Willingness to travel to fulfil responsibilities
* An aptitude and openness to learning and potential to grow
* Effective planning skills to develop and manage execution of a product portfolio
Competitive base salary commensurate with experience, plus full benefits and relocation support if required from any UK/European location. This is in addition to the excellent career progression opportunities you would expect from a leading global organisation.
For full details contact Keeley Robinson
Eleven Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Eleven Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK.
Product management, product development, product portfolio management, sales, technical ,technology, engineering, mechanical engineering, industrial, marine, large engine, HDDO, PC, passenger car oil, heavy duty diesel engine oil, speciality chemicals, additives, lubricants, lubricant additives, oil, chemicals, chemical additives, additive packages, formulation, product management, product line management, UK, Midlands, fuels, manufacturing, Europe, France, Italy, Spain, EU, Germany, Eastern Europe, commercial, business management, engine oils, fuel additives
East Midlands, England
£40000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
11 months ago