A well known Oil Company is looking to hire an Oil Products Operator for their London office. The role is within the Trading Operations department and fully integrated into the Products Trading team. The successful candidate will have with a strong knowledge of trading and shipping operations and experience of working in a global organisation.
- Manage the oil operations related to the execution of the commodity contract(s) deal life-cycle generated by pertinent Oil Trading Team(s), including but not limited to: (i) set-up of documentary instructions; (ii) dealing with Inspection Companies for related cargo quality/quantity controls; (iii) managing demurrage claims; (iv) certifying subject delivered performances and (if any) the consequent costs;
- Be the first point of contact for all internal communication and co-operation regarding the pertaining cargoes such as shipping, credit, etc.;
- Keep the company’s position keeping system timely and accurately up-to-date with all latest data regarding cargoes including b/l dates, actual volumes etc.;
- Maintain a good relationship with internal clients and counterparties;
- Deal with an “ad hoc” requests related to operations activities generated by Trading Team.
- Manage day-to-day trading operations activities for the pertaining commodities aiming at assuring the Operational performance efficiency;
- Manage voyage orders; pro-forma invoice; documentary instructions; vessel nominations; Letter of Credit; Provisional and Final cargo insurance; Narrowing/Nomination of dates/quantities; Vessel clearance, etc.;
- Manage claims of ancillary costs such as freight differential; deviation cost; dead-freight and monitor progress of their resolutions;
- Build and maintain good working relationships and daily communication with the operations team of relevant counterparties;
- Be the focal point for all communication with terminals regarding nominations of loading programs etc.;
- Manage relationships and communication with terminals and departments to ensure efficiency of operations activities.
Experience / Skills Required
- Strong academic credentials with a numeracy-oriented specialization;
- Self-disciplined and stress-resistant;
- Solid knowledge of the subject and relevant experience in trading environment are compulsory;
- Strong knowledge of cargo documentation, b/l, inspection, LC, voyage orders and customs;
- Strong knowledge of Trading & Shipping Operations activities including Cargoes, Time Charters, Voyage Charters, Ships, Quality & Quantity controls;
- Strong team working skills, positive attitude and high self-esteem innovative, pro-active and efficient approach to work;
- Dedication and result oriented approach to work;
- Good attention to detail, organised, structured and logical;
- Awareness of Credit Recovery, Procedures, Compliance Policy;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build and nurture effective relationships internally and externally;
- Experience in working in a global and international organization;
- Full command of English language (written and spoken).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite.