We have an exciting opportunity for someone with experience in the Base Oil, Additives, or finished lubricant industry to join a leading Global Oil Company as Raw Materials Technical Support Specialist. Based at the main R&T Centre in Italy you will report into the Raw Materials Technical Support Manager and play a key role in delivering effi ciencies, optimisations, and cost savings on raw materials (base oils, additives) in the Supply Chain Group.
The successful applicant will have a good understanding of lubricant formulation costing and bench marking, a chemicals related background (preferably a chemistry or chemical engineering degree), some knowledge of the base oil & additives market, and some experience in procurement optimisation.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Regional and Global base oil, additives and other strategic raw materials optimization and analysis to sustain product competitiveness
- Work closely with R&T, Marketing, Sales, and Global Procurement to identify potential formulation cost reductions and savings
- Provide support on cross functional projects (regional and global) providing accurate and timely data to enable decision making process and effective delivery
- Formulations costing, benchmarking analysis, and cost saving evaluation
- Support Global Procurement on request for quotation exercises on raw materials
- Support in raw materials price negotiations and formulation cost evaluations
- Support Global Procurement in tender exercises with strategic suppliers
- Active networking and relationship building activity with all Major Additive and Base Oil Suppliers, clients, customers, and business partners
- Assist in periodical technical/commercial updates with all major additive and base oil suppliers
KEY SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES
- Relevant degree qualification – Chemistry, Chemical Engineering etc
- Circa 5 years experience in the lubricants, base oil, additives, or Oil & Gas industry
- Knowledge of Lubricant formulation technology and of base oils and additive chemistries/applications
- Raw materials procurement technical support experience from an Oil & Gas or Chemicals environment is highly desirable or alternatively experience of working within a procurement team in the same environment
- Knowledge of raw materials procurement, planning, and supply chain demands
- Effective interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Microsoft Office and SAP knowledge and application
- Excellent analytical, and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative team working qualities
- Microsoft Office and SAP knowledge and application.
- English language skills – fluent both verbal and written
Attractive base salary commensurate with experience, bonus, additional benefits, and relocation package if required. Excellent career progression opportunities within this global organisation.
For full details contact Keeley Robinson on 0044 (0) 1565 626754 / 0044 (0) 7854 576318 or via Keeley@elevenrecruitment.com
Eleven Recruitment (formerly Oil Recruitment) has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Eleven Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK.
Lubricants, Lubricant formulation, lubricant technology, formulation, supply chain, raw materials procurement, procurement, technical support, chemicals, base oil, base stock, fuel additives, lubricant additives, additives, purchasing, production planning, buyer, Raw materials, Oil & Gas, Supply optimisation, Technical, Chemist, Chemical engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Europe, Italy, production planner, production planning, SAP, Oil & Gas, Energy, raw materials procurement, direct material procurement, costing, negotiation, tenders, bench marking, manufacturing, production