We have a fantastic opportunity for a Risk Analyst to join an independent commodities trading company in their Central London Office
This role includes providing daily MTM in an independent and timely manner as well as producing physical and hedge exposures whilst validating forward curves.
Further responsibilities include:
• Reconcile trades entered against broker statements
• Control costs of physical business against provisions entered for PnLs and write daily commentary for major PnL changes
• Support front office staff and operations teams
• Develop a deep understanding of oil trading business, exposures, strategies and market fundamentals
• Liaise with other Risk Analysts globally to ensure consistency of approach, particularly across similar trading books.
• Collaborate with other functions to ensure the continuous improvement of controls and processes and in support of new business.
• Provide support for entering/exiting new instruments/markets & growth of existing business via effective due diligence
• 2-5 years’ experience within a Middle Office role within a trading house or similar financial institution
• Good knowledge and understanding of energy trading markets and instruments as well as key controls used to mitigate risks
• Strong analytical skills (the ability to grasp and communicate complex trading transactions into their economic effects)
• Innovative approach to problem solving
• Ability to deploy a variety of communication styles according to the situation and communicate effectively with stakeholders and peers
• High degree of proficiency in Excel and knowledge of an ETRM System
• Degree level education, preferably in a numerate discipline or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of a foreign language, Russian could be especially useful but not essential.