Would you like the opportunity to take a key, strategic role with a leading, global manufacturer of mineral oil specialities? Our client is looking for a charismatic and ambitious Sales and Marketing Manager to help define and manage their UK sales and marketing strategy.
In this role you would be expected to:
- Define and manage the sales & marketing strategy of the UK business
- Manage and develop the sales function of the UK business
- People management skills and experience in strategic sales are critical for this role. Reporting into the company’s General Manager, you would have overall responsibility for the field and internal sales teams as well as marketing and product development colleagues. You would be accountable for the sales, marketing and product development budgets.
You will be expected to
- Develop, implement and improve the company’s sales and marketing strategy balancing customer satisfaction, optimised profitability and minimised operating cost.
- Performance manage the sales and marketing team whilst demonstrating a measured, business focussed and fair approach
- Develop pricing strategies to maximise profitability
- Actively seek major new business opportunities whilst maintaining and developing existing business portfolio
- Develop strong relationships with key decision makers within target market sectors.
- Monitor and evaluate competitor and market activities and take appropriate actions on strategy and tactical response in order to maintain a competitive edge
- Ensure effective integration between Sales and Operations
- Champion human resource objectives through effective recruitment, training and personal development
- Work with Product Development and Purchasing Managers, evaluate customer technical requirements, the position of current products in the market place and identify innovative product development and technology advancements
The successful candidate will
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent with relevant industrial sales experience
- Have strong commercial skills and experience of working at both strategic and operational levels
- Have proven experience of leading and developing successful sales teams
- Have a strong background in developing and managing initiatives focusing on delivering sales growth and profitability
- Be self-motivated, results-oriented with a positive attitude, and have a clear focus on how to achieve high quality and business profit
- Be a strong communicator and be able to build relationships at all levels with excellent influencing, negotiation skills and interpersonal skills
- Full UK driving licence
- Able to operate effectively within a group matrix structure
The salary is between £70 and £80k (depending on experience) as well as generous car allowance, tools for the job, healthcare (after completion of probationary period), pension, opportunity to earn bonus of up to 15% of base salary
Being visible and working within the wider team is critical to the success of this role – Therefore you would need to be prepared to commute to or be located close to the West Midlands – At this stage support with relocation has not been offered
For full details contact Lucinda Eyre 0044 (0)1565 626754 or apply directly with a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Eleven Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1998. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Eleven Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK.
Sales, Sales and Marketing Manager, Business Development, Account Management, Technical Sales, B2B, Field Sales, West Midland, East Midlands, Nottingham, Chesterfield, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire, Warwickshire, Lubrication, Lubricants, Speciality Chemicals, Waxes, Wax, White Oils, Process Oils, New Business Development