We have an opportunity for a Senior Credit Risk Analyst with an International trading house in Central London.
Job Outline & Challenges
- Credit risk is involved in the majority of all energy transactions undertaken by the business. This can range from agreeing bilateral master trading terms for a gas trading relationship, to structuring the credit support for a long term crude oil contract.
The role is to understand:
- What is the transaction(s)?
- What is the credit risk (€m)?
- Who you are transacting with? Quantitative and qualitative research and analysis,
- If/how this counterparty fits their Ets Credit Risk policy?
- Recommend and negotiate acceptable credit terms (e.g. payment) and credit support (e.g. guarantees) including analysing the impact on liquidity
- Measure the resulting credit exposure – developing models if required
- Present to the Risk Committee hot topic analysis or seek exceptions if required
- Ensure an adequate control environment is in place at all times
- As a Credit analyst you need to be inquisitive and interested in worldwide macro and micro economic developments that may impact on the financial strength of our diverse set of counterparties
- The ideal applicant will have solid counterparty/credit risk knowledge acquired within a commodities house, energy company or financial services company that is active in physical commodity trading.
- Educated to degree level (minimum 2.1 or higher).
- Self-motivated with high energy levels and result-driven.
- Sound analytical and lateral thinking ability. Must be detail-oriented
- Team player who can provide analyst cover within the credit team
- Demonstrating highly developed inter-personal skills, sensitivity to local cultural differences and the ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner is important to this position.
- Proficiency in Excel and VBA (or alternative).