We have an opportunity for a Senior Credit Risk Analyst with an International trading house in Central London.
Job Outline & Challenges
Credit risk is involved in the majority of all energy transactions undertaken by the business. This can range from agreeing bilateral master trading terms for a gas trading relationship, to structuring the credit support for a long term crude oil contract.
The role is to understand:
- What is the transaction(s)?
- What is the credit risk (€m)?
- Who we are transacting with? Quantitative and qualitative research and analysis,
- If/how this counterparty fits the Ets Credit Risk policy?
- Recommend and negotiate acceptable credit terms (e.g. payment) and credit support (e.g. guarantees) including analysing the impact on liquidity
- Measure the resulting credit exposure – developing models if required
- Present to the Risk Committee hot topic analysis or seek exceptions if required
- Ensure an adequate control environment is in place at all times
As a Credit analyst you need to be inquisitive and interested in worldwide macro and micro economic developments that may impact on the financial strength of our diverse set of counterparties
The ideal applicant will have solid counterparty/credit risk knowledge acquired within a commodities house, energy company or financial services company that is active in physical commodity trading.
- Educated to degree level (minimum 2.1 or higher).
- Self-motivated with high energy levels and result-driven.
- Sound analytical and lateral thinking ability. Must be detail-oriented.
- Team player who can provide analyst cover within the credit team
- Demonstrating highly developed inter-personal skills, sensitivity to local cultural differences and the ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner is important to this position.
- Proficiency in Excel and VBA (or alternative).