Our client is a leading provider of customised hedging solutions for the management of price risk on fuel expenses with an expanding and planned portfolio across Power, Gas & Emissions. Combining in-depth knowledge of the oil market, finance and transport, they help clients protect their margins from the risk posed by notoriously volatile fuel prices. Specializing in aviation, shipping, oil supply, refinery segments and futures, OTC SWAPs, options on crude oil, jet fuel, fuel oil, gas oil.
The business is part of a larger entity who owns a significant sized fleet of tankers who are actively engaged in the worldwide supply of fuel to the shipping market. The group had an annual turnover exceeding $6.8 billion last year and is one of Denmark’s largest companies. The size of the business and services offered offers ready access to specialists with broad backgrounds and knowledge in transportation, logistics, fuel supply and finance. The business culture offers a flat, flexible structure that accelerates decision-making and encourages rapid knowledge exchange across the Group.
- The purpose of the role is to pursue the agreed sales strategy and serve as key Derivatives point of contact for the co-ordination and execution of new structured financing deals across Marine, Industrial, Oil Supplier and Aviation clients.
- You will update clients and prospects on the market situation, compile, track and communicate progress against key milestones, issues and risks.
- You will approach targeted segments in the assigned geographical areas of Europe.
- You will work with internal stakeholders to identify operational support requirements, credit evaluation, cost of capital and client profitability.
- You will deliver upon values of entrepreneurship, solution provision, trust, communication, service quality, respect, pride with a global outlook.
- Outstanding communication & presentation skills.
- Facilitate new business growth with a key focus on risk, control and efficiency.
- You will have a strong network of contacts
- Understanding of commercial deal terms, Framework Agreements.
- Proactive, self-starting individual with high levels of drive and passion.
- Able to operate effectively in a challenging and fast-paced environment
- Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Able to partner with customers in order to meet industry/regulatory demands
- Able to deliver hedging solutions to a variety of companies with a strong interest in both physical & paper exposures.
- An experienced derivatives marketer who has worked with (but not exclusive to) clients in marine, industrial, oil suppliers, Gas, LNG and aviation1.
- Able to demonstrate successful delivery against targets.
- Demonstrable track record of coordinating and executing large scale transactions.
- Technical & analytical focus with attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of commodity derivatives, clearing, credit, trading.