We have a rare opportunity to be part of a growing energy trading team for an award-wining, cross-border, commodity markets business. Our client is an investment and energy trading group focused on global commodity markets with activities spanning asset management, trading and physical supply.
The job offers possibility to develop trading and risk management approach with experienced trading team. The team works with corporate clients and the public sector to originate and structure physical and derivatives solutions in Flow Trading and Structured Solutions within Energy market.
Our client is looking to strengthen analytical capabilities for modelling of the short-term UK power market, global oil and refined products, including systematisation of trading signals
Candidates should be:
- Honest and ethical, with some core values: Protecting firm, protecting clients, following all rules and regulations, letter & spirit
- Strong analytical, communication and organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently and as part of a team environment
- Effective communicator, creative and strategic thinker, self-starter
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, transaction-oriented environment
- Strong expertise in VBA / Python / front end databases
- Have a statistical background
- Reuters/Bloomberg data gathering (helpful not mandatory)
- Experience of commodity markets (helpful not mandatory)
- Fluent in English, although other European languages are all welcome