We are looking for a Senior Oil & Products Analyst to join the Oil and Products Market Analytics team in an international trading house in Central London
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Analyse crude oil and products market data, understand trends and provide regular assessments of in-house views of global commodity fundamentals and prices. Test and support the findings.
- Develop and maintain a flow of proactive information exchange with colleagues in the analytics team and the oil and products trading desks, providing support and analysis in real time
- Suggest trading strategies based on timely and accurate market analysis and reports.
- Propose and discuss market analysis models with internal customers, lead their development and maintenance, make sure they are technically sound and provide consistent results.
- Assist in determining and discussing with the internal customers key assumptions and methodologies in modelling the complex global Oil & Products markets.
- Define ways to improve tools to structure analysis, information provider selection, data gathering and management with the aim to optimise them in terms of quality, efficiency of results and costs.
- Write accurate and timely market analysis reports as requested by internal customers both on a regular and ad-hoc basis. In general, effectively communicate within the company the analysis results.
- Preparation of ad hoc material and presentations for management when required.
- Preferably a degree in statistics, economics, finance, engineering
- Excellent knowledge of oil & products fundamentals and markets.
- Minimum 3 years of working experience of which at least 2-year experience in a fundamentals analytics role related to crude and/or refined products markets. Longer experience appreciated, also if in in other related roles like, but not limited to, other commodities analytics and/or trading assistant.
- Modelling experience (i.e. build and maintain complex refining models, develop queries, work with SQL, Python and Tableau).
- Innovative thinker, with strong analytical skills, ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Proactive team working attitude with understanding and respect of roles
- A strong ability to remain focused while working under pressure, good time management.
- Being comfortable with working in a large company and in a trading environment with activities to be developed in real time. Ability to co-operate with colleagues across different locations.
- Willingness to learn and gain in depth knowledge on product markets and ability to work with them; constantly strive to improve the analytical ability of the team.
- Flexible – Capability to deal with challenging deadlines.
- Motivated, show commitment and dedication for the role.
- Fluent English required; ability to speak/write other languages appreciated