We are looking for a Biofuels Trader for a Brussels-based major fully integrated oil company. Each trader works as part of a small team, negotiating purchases and sales of products in the highly dynamic and challenging global oil market. This commercial role is responsible for the development and delivery of products trading strategies with end-to-end ownership of all deals.
- Market Analysis – Every day the trader is required to demonstrate a deep understanding of the complex markets that they are trading in - both to align the internal organization behind any strategy and to be able to negotiate effectively.
- Communication; Briefing, Persuading / Influencing and Aligning– trader will provide a market brief to the teams they are interacting with to align on a trading strategy to maximize value capture
- Counter Party Relationship Building - an essential part of the role that the trader is able to build strong relationships with other 3rd party traders enabling effective negotiation with parties coming from a wide range of countries and cultures.
- Analysis – the trader will be required to analyze each specific product market, including competitors’ assessments leveraging a reasonable level of understanding of the economics of downstream refining and logistics.
- Negotiation – negotiations with a variety of 3rd parties, while relatively short in duration, are complex and challenging, requiring a strong attention to detail. The traders are active in the market every day, typically concluding several deals per week - each deal having a value of several milion usd.
- Contract Administration – The traders work with support contract administration staff to ensure that all trades are effectively documented and controlled.
- Medium / Long Term Business Development
- Masters degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Finance or Mathematics from a recognized university.
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in distillate trading, mainly in European markets. Experience on both physical and derivatives market.
- Fluency in English is essential
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Drive for results – high energy focused on leveraging value from opportunities
- Sound judgement and business acumen – Adept at identifying and exploiting business opportunities in a complex and dynamic environment. Has a high level of numeracy. Always behaves in an ethical, trustworthy manner and flawlessly delivers appropriate internal controls
- Communication skills – Delivers clear and concise messages. Uses effective questioning and listening skills. Effectively engages with team and broader organization. Persuades and influences to gain alignment
- Negotiation – has highly developed negotiation skills
- Relationship Development – builds effective relationships and collaborates well. Multi-cultural awareness is essential.