Our client, a multinational Energy Company, is looking for a Senior Quant Trader. You will be responsible for supporting the development of trading activities in the energy markets, through the development and implementation of algorithmic, systematic and statistical trading strategies.
This role sits in the newly developed Digital Trading Team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively develop algorithmic and systematic trading opportunities in the energy markets (gas, power, carbon, oil, coal) through data analysis and interaction with market specialists.
- Hold PnL accountability and demonstrate risk management awareness
- Build own tools to originate and bring-to-market new strategies on the back of statistical analysis
- Work with front office IT specialists in delivering top end tools to create value
- Perform and lead systematic market analyses, develop models to support decision, build back-testing capability to demonstrate value adding strategies
- Develop a close relationship with market specialists (traders/analysts) to create product awareness
- Advise on technological enhancement to the Desk
Skills & Competencies
- Proven track record in delivering automated trading strategies and an interest in their development (High frequency trading experience an advantage)
- Proven Risk management of position and execution
- High degree of IT skills, including knowledge of statistical software, programming skills Python, C#, SQL, R
- Experience in Deltix trading software an advantage
- Excellent analytical skills and a high level of numeracy
- Proven experience with Data mining technics – from simple to sophisticated analytic methods
- Commercial awareness and interest
- Proactive in achieving results and achieving targets – Proven track record of delivering innovative/top-end business ideas
- Willingness to grow a business – entrepreneur mind-set, self-motivated, independent-thinker
- Ability to foster and build strong relationships across teams
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
Commercial or/and risk-taking experiences are required. Good knowledge and demonstrable experience of working with data and creating value through algorithmic and statistical trading
Past experience in the European energy industry an advantage